2 cups organic wild rice, cooked
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1/2 cup organic onion, chopped
3 medium organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 Ib organic Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tsp fresh organic thyme
1/2 tsp organic paprika
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground organic black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup organic chicken stock
2 Ib organic boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
1/2 cup organic almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Making the chicken: heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut into small pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Season with thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a simmer, and cover for an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix in cooked rice, cooked chicken and cranberries. Transfer mixture to baking dish, top with sliced almonds, and bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve.