DONATIONS & FUNDRAISING
At Jimbo’s, we are committed to our children, the community and the environment.
We are actively involved in schools, promoting environmental groups and practices,
contributing to charities, and educating our customers on organic and natural foods.
For consideration, requests must be submitted at least six weeks prior to the event date or the date the donation is needed:
- Only non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to receive donations
- We do not donate to causes that are overly political or controversial
- We do not donate to the same organization too frequently
- Past support of an organization is not a guarantee of future support
- We are unable to donate to individuals seeking pledges
- We do not make monetary donations
Not all requests will be honored; priority and consideration is given to organizations in the immediate communities we serve that support our children, the community, and the environment
Due to the high volume of donation requests, and a limited budget, not all requests will be accommodated. Once all of your information has been received, we will contact you to move forward with any approved donation. The majority of donations are in the form of a gift card or food donation.
Community Support and Donation Program Application Form »
The Jimbo’s It’s in the Bag! Wooden Nickel Program is designed to help promote the recycling of shopping bags, by rewarding those customers who reuse their bags (paper, cloth or plastic) and by passing the money that Jimbo’s saves on grocery bags on to local charitable organizations. It’s a win for everyone!
When customers reuse shopping bags they are offered a nickel for every bag or a wooden nickel for the It’s in the Bag! charity program. Located at the front of each store are four acrylic boxes designated for specific charities in the following categories: Children, Animal, Environmental and Social. Customers deposit their wooden nickels into the boxes. At the end of each quarter, the nickels are counted and the charities receive a check for the collected amount.
Every three months we select four non-profit organizations to be involved in our fundraising efforts. Due to the high volume of requests, and a limited amount of spaces on a quarterly basis, not all requests will be accommodated. Once all of your information has been received, we will contact you if we decide to move forward with your organization
This Quarter’s Recipients
- Only non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to participate.
- A Request for Consideration must be submitted on official letterhead stationary of the organization or group.
- Overly political or controversial causes will not be considered.
- Past support of an organization is not a guarantee of future support.
- Not all requests will be honored; priority and consideration is given to organizations in the immediate communities we serve that support Children, Animal, Environment and Social.
All organizations will be reviewed and announced before the beginning of each quarter and wooden nickels will start applying to the new organization on the first day of the following month. For every Jimbo’s wooden nickel that a customer donates to your organization, we give you a nickel from the U.S. Treasury Department. It’s pretty simple and a great way to raise money and awareness for your organization. We ask that selected organizations invite members to get involved with our recycling program to increase the total contribution.
Request for Consideration
The following information must be included on the organization’s official letterhead stationery:
- Name of organization
- 501(c)(3) Tax ID number
- Mission statement
- Category (select one): Children / Animal / Environment / Social
- Contact information
- Email address
- Phone number
All requests for consideration must be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Jimbo’s.
12841 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Join Kids Club! and have a lot of fun! Learn how to make every day Earth Day.
Kids Club members will receive a monthly newsletter in the mail with:
- A special birthday surprise
- Games & puzzles
- Coupons for free products
- Fun facts
- Tips & tools for starting your own garden
- And more!
To join, fill out the form below and hit submit. Your application will be received by Jimbo’s customer service.
We are now offering contactless curbside pickup.
Order online and pickup from your
preferred Jimbo’s location.
Groceries delivered in as little as one hour!
Get all of your favorite Jimbo’s products
delivered straight to your door.