Reports To: Produce Manager
Pay Range: IV
General Purpose: To provide excellent service to Jimbo’s customers by ensuring the daily operations of the Produce Department run smoothly, and through outstanding leadership, teambuilding, and supervision of the Produce staff while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all Produce Clerk duties as well as additional supervisory duties listed below.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards, and ensure that the Produce staff members are doing the same.
- Represent Jimbo’s and store management by assuming ownership of the Produce Department’s operations in the absence of the Produce Manager.
- Assist with key human resource functions by enforcing all store/department policies, minimizing overtime, training new employees, monitoring staff breaks, and completing documentation in a timely manner (i.e. one on one meetings, feedback for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations).
- Assist Produce Manager in department development and succession training.
- Supervise Produce staff members, delegate tasks and constructively address performance issues.
- Prepare a daily list of Produce tasks, ensuring completion in a timely manner.
- Ensure all products meet quality standards through proper rotation and by only selling fresh product.
- Assist Produce Manager with display changes and ensures proper Department signage.
- Maintain inventory control (including ordering) as directed by Produce Manager.
- Communicate any suggestions, concerns, questions, and customer feedback to the Produce Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist with quarterly inventories as needed.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Adhere to and enforce all Produce Department and Store policies as outlined by the Produce Manager, Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Ability to understand and follow Department of Health regulations, and needs to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Strong knowledge of Produce Department operations.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle several tasks at once.
- Leadership and team-building skills with the ability to coach, motivate, supervise, delegate, and constructively address performance issues.
- Ability to travel and/or transfer to other store locations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to push/pull a loaded produce cart throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to reach above shoulders and horizontally to stock and retrieve inventory.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely with knives and equipment in the produce department.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.