Reports To: Produce Manager
Pay Range: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
General Purpose: To provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in handling all inquiries, orders, special orders, and returns. To assist in creating an abundant, well-stocked produce department that is clean, organized and appealing. To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality food prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Assist customers with special requests or needs, including customer returns and special orders.
- Maintain Produce Department inventory and appearance through proper receiving, rotation, culling, storage, cleaning, organization, stocking, sampling, and creative merchandising.
- Reduce loss by properly recording all merchandise returns, damaged products, spoilage, and breakage.
- Build functional, attractive, and well-merchandised displays.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate signage.
- Gain knowledge of products, promotions, and issues relevant to the Natural Foods Industry, and utilize this knowledge to assist our customers, without violating FDA guidelines restricting prescribing and/or diagnosing.
- Follow the produce cut program recipes to produce consistent, high quality food items.
- Responsible for the presentation and set-up of produce cut program display: Clean, and full with fresh product.
- Communicate with the Produce Manager or Shift Leader on food products, and packaging to be ordered before items run out.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and put away produce equipment, food storage, and utensils in an organized fashion.
- Maintain quality food handling standards by practicing proper food preparation, including proper handling of food to avoid cross contamination, proper rotation, and ensuring all food items stored in walk-in are properly covered, labeled and dated.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in accordance with Health Department regulations, which includes cleaning the, prep room area, and hand sinks
- Promptly respond to ‘bagging assistance pages’.
- Use knives, baler and all other equipment properly.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Attend scheduled Produce Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Adhere to all Produce Department and store policies as outlined by the Produce Manager, Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Ability to understand and follow Department of Health regulations, and needs to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Previous produce experience and knowledge of natural foods products preferred.
- Intermediate cutlery skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes
- Ability to perform basic math for recipe measurement
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to push/pull a loaded produce cart throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to reach above shoulders and horizontally to stock and retrieve inventory.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely with knives and equipment in the produce department.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.