(Revised June 2019)
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Pay Range: II
- To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality food prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store.
- To manage and maintain the Pizza station
- To support the Counter/Service staff in helping customers in accordance with the Customer Service Standards.
- Produce pizzas and keep the hot pizza station full
- Manage incoming pizza orders from customers (both call in and walk up)
- Keep pizza prep unit full and ready for business
- Make and wrap pizzas to be sold in the cold FTG case.
- Assess and organize daily menu production according to production list.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate Department signage is in place
- Wipe down all surfaces/keep clean all areas related to the case as well as maintaining a clean, sanitary, and well stocked work area that complies with the Health Department regulations.
- Maintain proper handling of food practice to avoid cross contamination, including proper dating/FIFO rotation, monitoring of temp logs, as well as ensuring all food items stored in walk-in are properly covered, labeled and dated.
- Communicate with the Kitchen Manager on the movement of the Pizza station, conveying any concerns or suggestions on items.
- Assist Kitchen Manager with the ordering of supplies used for the Pizza, making sure that supplies are always in stock.
- Preserve an open level of communication and cooperation with all Deli/Kitchen staff, and proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards when required.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Adhere to all Deli Department and store policies as outlined by the Deli Managers and Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with the Dress Code policy.
- Know and adhere to the Health Department regulations and needs to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Understands the importance of the handling of allergen containing products.
- Previous food service experience.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Intermediate cutlery skills.
- Ability to read and understand recipes, including extending recipes.
- Ability to perform basic math for recipe measurements.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.