Reports To: Store Manager
Pay Range: IV
General Purpose: To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality products and excellent service in a clean environment, oversee store operations in the absence of the Store Manager, complete special projects as defined by the Store Manager, and support the Store Manager in achieving store goals.
- Assist Store Manager and Department Managers by enforcing all store/department policies, assist in monitoring staff breaks, minimize overtime, provide support in training new staff members, and provide input/feedback on progressive discipline and employee evaluations.
- Utilize knowledge of overall store operations and procedures for opening/closing every department to assist in the operation of the store.
- Supervise daily operations of the store; perform necessary crisis-control measures to resolve unusual situations and troubleshoot potential future situations.
- Display role model customer service within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards and ensures that all staff is doing the same, and assist customers with questions that may arise.
- Promptly respond to customer assistance pages, especially from the Deli, Front End, and Meat Departments.
- Capable of performing all opening and closing duties at both the store and departmental level.
- Promote a positive atmosphere for shopping and working, and by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Communicate concerns, suggestions, feedback and ideas to the Store Manager.
- Properly document employee / customer incidents and complete required reports and/or property damage claims.
- Maintain the overall security of the store, and act as store security for potential criminal activity.
- Oversee equipment maintenance and problems (i.e. coolers, drains), avoiding service overtime when possible.
- Assist with key human resource functions by enforcing all store/department policies, minimizing overtime, training new employees, monitoring staff breaks, and completing documentation in a timely manner (i.e. one on one meeting, feedback for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations).
- Attend and assist with quarterly inventories as requested.
- Assist staff members in achieving the goals of each department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all-store meetings.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Adhere to and enforce all Store policies as outlined by the Store Manager, Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills with the ability to supervise employees, delegate tasks, and constructively address performance issues.
- Proven communication skills necessary to create a sense of teamwork, motivate coworkers and effectively communicate with other staff and managers in a variety of interpersonal situations.
- Role model customer service, communication, and organization skills.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows, Outlook Express, Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce Department of Health regulations, and obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel and/or transfer to other store locations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to push/pull a loaded Grocery cart throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to reach above shoulders and horizontally to stock and retrieve inventory.
- Ability to work under a variety of retail conditions, including cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
*This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications assigned with this job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.