Reports To: Store Manager and Maintenance Technician
Pay Range: II
General Purpose: To provide our employees and customers with a clean and safe environment, to support the preventativ
maintenance of the store equipment, and to assist the Store Manager & Maintenance Technician with special projects.
- Assist with cleaning of facility as directed by Store Manager or Maintenance Technician.
- Clean and maintain building facilities (offices, sales floor, backroom, hallways, café, etc.).
- Sweep, mop, scrub and vacuum floors using cleaning solutions, tools and equipment.
- Clean or polish walls, ceilings, windows, and fixtures, dust furniture, walls and other equipment.
- Clean and maintain outdoor walkways, patio and receiving area.
- Gather and empty trash and recycling.
- Clean and maintain bathrooms.
- Assist with equipment moves and meeting/event set-ups as needed.
- Maintain store lighting, replace burnt out bulbs in a timely manner.
- Touch-up paint throughout store on as needed basis.
- Assist with hanging store signage, store decorations, etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized Janitorial and Maintenance workroom.
- Communicate with Store Manager/Maintenance Technician on status of projects and priorities, and the need to order materials/supplies or need for repairs.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Maintenance Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Adhere to all Maintenance Department and Store policies as outlined by the Maintenance Technician, Store Manager, Staff Member Handbook and the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Some janitorial experience preferred
- Ability to understand and read basic English instructions
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Capable of standing, walking, reaching and bending for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds throughout an assigned shift.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to maintain a quick pace based upon the needs of the workload.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Willingness/ability to work under a variety of environmental conditions and temperatures wet and dry for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work indoors or outdoors.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.