Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Pay Range: III
General Purpose: To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality baked goods prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store, and to support the Deli Counter staff in serving our customers in accordance with the Customer Service Standards, and to assist Bakery staff and Kitchen Manager with special assignments.
- Responsible for overseeing Bakery Department in absence of Kitchen Manager.
- Responsible for the presentation of the bakery cases.
- Take special orders. Answering any inquires and completing the actual orders.
- Communicate to Kitchen Manager any concerns, questions, or problems with department.
- Responsible for participating in holiday projects as well as store promotional events
- Assist in training bakery personnel.
- Notify Kitchen Manager of any issues or concerns with the recipes.
- Know and follow all Bakery recipes to produce consistent, high quality food items.
- Production of at least 14 Bakery recipes per every 7.5-hour shift (including muffins, granolas, cookies, cakes, confections and mousses), not including the use of cookie dough from refrigerator.
- Responsible for the presentation and set-up of all Bakery cases: (including Flavors to Go) keeping cases clean and full with fresh product throughout shift.
- Maintain quality food handling standards by practicing proper food preparation, including proper handling of food to avoid cross contamination, proper cooling of hot foods, proper rotation, and ensuring all food items stored in walk-in are properly covered, labeled and dated.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and well stocked work area that complies with the Health Department regulations.
- Monitor product inventory and assist Kitchen Manager with placing orders when necessary.
- Properly fill out daily production sheet from inventory sheet, and also record waste.
- Organize area for next shift, including restocking of baking ingredients from workstation: flours, maple syrup, sweeteners, spices, etc.
- Preserve an open level of communication and cooperation with all Kitchen and Counter staff, and provide Counter assistance when necessary.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Use of knives and all Kitchen equipment properly.
- Adhere to all Deli Department and store policies as outlined by the Deli Managers and Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with the Dress Code policy.
- Know and adhere to the Health Department regulations.
- Understands the importance of the handling of allergen containing products.
- Ability to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Previous scratch baking experience and knowledge of baking concepts. This includes a wide variety of muffins, cookies, and cakes.
- Intermediate cutlery skills.
- Previous customer service experience with a friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to read and understand recipes, including extending recipes.
- Ability to perform basic math for recipe measurements.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.