(Rev. March 2016)
Reports To: Director of Administration
Pay Range: G & A Wage Scale
General Purpose: To execute all accounts payable functions of the store with a high degree of accuracy, pay vendors in a prompt manner, support office staff with miscellaneous tasks and special projects. Provide internal service and support to department staff and management. Handle all phone calls in accordance with Jimbo’s Customer Service Standards.
- Answer phones prior to three rings. Handle all pages, intercoms, ring backs and calls on hold appropriately.
- Execute all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Invoice processing: data entry of vendor and operating invoices, handling discounts, adjustment, corrections and meet
- weekly timelines.
- Prepare weekly check runs.
- Review weekly purchase reports.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements and manage aging payables.
- Maintain ethical and beneficial relationships with vendors.
- Complete EOM, EOQ and EOY checklists within assigned timelines.
- Maintain proper labeling, rotation and retention of A/P records.
- Oversee and provide back up coverage to the duties of the Office Clerks.
- Carry out any assigned office clerk duties.
- Assist in maintaining the upkeep and cleanliness of all general office areas.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and all store meetings.
- Adhere to all store policies as outlined in the Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Minimum of 2 years “hands on” full cycle accounts payable experience in a high volume data entry environment.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and with 10-key/calculator.
- Exhibit discretion and ability to safeguard confidential information.
- High attention to detail and strong proofing skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multi-tasking, work independently, and remain self-motivated.
- Perform duties for multiple managers and be able to work autonomously.
- Legible handwriting.
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks, detail oriented, accurate, with good follow through.
- Ability to professionally interact with staff members and management.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly to communicate with customers, vendors and staff.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend at waist and reach above shoulders and horizontally to retrieve files and supplies.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer and other office equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs throughout any assigned shift.
Work Environment: Office Setting
*This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications assigned with this job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.