It’s in the Bag! Wooden Nickel Program
The Jimbo’s…Naturally! It’s in the Bag! Wooden Nickel Program is designed to help promote the recycling of shopping bags, by rewarding those customers who reuse their bags (paper, cloth or plastic) and by passing the money that Jimbo’s saves on grocery bags on to local charitable organizations. It’s a win for everyone!
When customers reuse shopping bags they are offered a nickel for every bag or a wooden nickel for the It’s in the Bag! charity program. Located at the front of each store are four acrylic boxes designated for specific charities in the following categories: Children, Animal, Environmental and Social. Customers deposit their wooden nickels into the boxes. At the end of each quarter, the nickels are counted and the charities receive a check for the collected amount.
Every three months we select four non-profit organizations to be involved in our fundraising efforts. Due to the high volume of requests, and a limited amount of spaces on a quarterly basis, not all requests will be accommodated. Once all of your information has been received, we will contact you if we decide to move forward with your organization.
It’s in the Bag! Wooden Nickel Program Guidelines
- Only non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to participate.
- A Request for Consideration must be submitted on official letterhead stationary of the organization or group.
- Overly political or controversial causes will not be considered.
- Past support of an organization is not a guarantee of future support.
- Not all requests will be honored; priority and consideration is given to organizations in the immediate communities we serve that support Children, Animal, Environment and Social.
All organizations will be reviewed and announced before the beginning of each quarter and wooden nickels will start applying to the new organization on the first day of the following month. For every Jimbo’s wooden nickel that a customer donates to your organization, we give you a nickel from the U.S. Treasury Department. It’s pretty simple and a great way to raise money and awareness for your organization. We ask that selected organizations invite members to get involved with our recycling program to increase the total contribution.
Request for Consideration
The following information must be included on the organization’s official letterhead stationery:
- Name of organization
- 501(c)(3) Tax ID number
- Mission statement
- Category (select one): Children / Animal / Environment / Social
- Contact information
- Email address
- Phone number
All requests for consideration must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Jimbo’s…Naturally!
12853 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130