Dancing in the Kitchen
Dancing in the Kitchen by Colleen Duffy-Someck is filled with advice and encouragement for anyone challenged by their relationship with food. Colleen shares her twenty-year struggle with an eating disorder and the path she took to find complete recovery. The tools she offers can help you make lasting lifestyle changes with grace and ease.
Here’s some of what you’ll find:
- Over 40 nutritious recipes that can be tailored to your tastes
- Commonsense advice on “good” versus “bad” foods
- Straight talk about the “voices in your head” that can accompany eating disorders
- Recipes that are customer favorites at Jimbo’s…Naturally!, her family’s natural foods store
- Dancing in the Kitchen is filled with tips, tricks, and recipes to prepare you for a personal journey to freedom by creating a healthier relationship with food. Colleen’s simple and inspiring message is this: “Don’t let anything stop you from feeding yourself well.”
People Are Talking About Dancing in the Kitchen
“Colleen Duffy-Someck is the Marie Kondo of the food world. There is no judgment about what is right or wrong and no absolutes. In a world filled with mindless checklists, rigid ‘yes’ and ‘no’ columns, and another fad diet coming out weekly, it is refreshing to see an author encourage individuals to be resourceful, trust themselves, and ultimately take control.” —Kristin R.
“No one has ever impacted my perception of eating, like Colleen Duffy-Someck. Being with her in her kitchen, I saw pure joy as she prepared and shared gently made dishes that tasted better than anything I had ever eaten. As I sipped soups or spooned out her mind-blowingly good chocolate pudding, I realized her food was an extension of her beautiful spirit. Without even knowing it, Colleen nourishes the soul and feeds friendships until they’re as tight as her seaweed wraps. She gave me a gift, one that will stay with me for life: foods, in all their natural forms, are life, bursting with rich flavor, a kaleidoscope of color, and bountiful love.” —Kimberly Hunt, Emmy Award Winner, News Anchor