(Rev. May 2021)
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Pay Range: G & A Wage Scale
General Purpose: To perform full-cycle accounting including month-end close, maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations, assisting with financial statement preparation, ad hoc analysis and other financial related responsibilities.
· Reconciles accounts, books journal entries, and maintains a tight month-end process for multiple entities.
· Completes all monthly accounting tasks timely and accurately, in accordance with the month-end closing calendar.
· Oversee and participate in the preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports.
· Perform analysis of financial statements and explain monthly variances.
· Prepares timely and accurate account reconciliations, identifies issues and resolves such issues.
· Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
· Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
· Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform audits.
· Assist in the annual budget process.
· Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
· Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
· Adheres to all Company accounting policies.
· Adheres to all store policies outlined in the Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
· Provide department support to administrative projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
· 3 + years of general accounting experience.
· Current knowledge of US GAAP.
· Demonstrated data management skills, including the ability to enter data accurately, produce reports, and create Excel spreadsheets.
· Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work efficiently and independently.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, meet deadlines and prioritize.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
· Ability to hear and speak clearly to communicate with customers, vendors and staff.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· Ability to bend at waist and reach above shoulders and horizontally to retrieve files and supplies.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer and other office equipment.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs throughout any assigned shift.
Work Environment: Office Setting
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities
or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.