(Revised December 2019)
Reports To: Director of IT
Pay Range: G&A
General Purpose: Coordinate all price changes, and carry out all special projects/ tasks assigned by the COO.
- Oversee and be able to perform all Scanning Clerk duties accurately and efficiently as well as additional duties listed below.
- Cover stores when scan clerks are out sick or on vacation.
- Work with Department Managers to input new items, delete discontinued items, and maintain shelf tags/proper signage.
- Take items on/off sale according to newsletter, providing timely rotation of expired tags/signage with current tags/signage.
- Activate price changes through computer, while hanging appropriate signage. Coordination and timeliness are essential.
- Verify that each new and existing item has proper attributes programmed for food stamps, taxes, and department status.
- Maintain deposits with corresponding link codes.
- Oversee maintenance of scanning equipment (computer, printers, FM units & scales) and perform regular system back-ups.
- Communicate any feedback to Store Manager and/or COO regarding scanning/pricing department concerns, successes, and verification results.
- Provide Store Manager and Department Managers with general movement reports.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Scan Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Adhere to all Scan Department and Store policies as outlined by Store Manager and/or DOO, the Staff Member Handbook and the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Manage inventory and ordering of sign/label stock and printer supplies for all stores.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows, Outlook Express, Word and Excel.
- Ability to read product labels and UPC codes.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ability to travel between stores.
- Proven organizational skills including managing detailed tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects/tasks at once and to work with little or no supervision.
- Capable of providing clear, consistent communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to coach, motivate, supervise, delegate and constructively address performance issues.
- Ability to professionally interact with Department Managers and Senior Management.
- Visual acuity to be able to read and differentiate long strings of small numbers.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer and other office equipment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: Combination of retail sales environment and office setting.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.