Department: Front End
Reports To: Store Manager
Pay Range: $23.00 – $30.00 per hou
General Purpose: To successfully manage the Front End to achieve the financial targets outlined by the Store Manager, and to grow the overall store sales through outstanding customer service and excellence in Front End operations, and by managing, supporting, and developing the Front End staff members through clear direction and strong leadership.
- Achieve financial goals set forth by the Store Manager and DOO: sales, margins, and inventory.
- Perform key human resource functions: hire and train new employees, document performance evaluations, issue disciplinary counselings, and terminations, monitor staff breaks, provide succession training, and complete supporting documentation in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage the staff of the Front End Department through quality training, regular open communication and meetings, clearly stated expectations, and an emphasis on each employee’s growth and development.
- Write Front End schedule to effectively handle the department’s workflow, provide outstanding customer service and remain within labor budget. Also to monitor staff breaks and minimize overtime.
- Insure the delivery of consistent, outstanding customer service on the Front End that conforms to the Customer Service Standards, including proper response to customer requests, suggestions, and feedback in a timely manner.
- Work with the Scanning Coordinator to resolve items that are not scanning properly or are Not In File.
- Oversee cash handling and security systems by procuring change, overseeing deposits, and ensuring cashier till accountability.
- Ensure cashier accuracy by administering periodic quizzes (PLU accuracy, produce recognition, and Department knowledge).
- Assist with store gift certificate and SCRIP programs.
- Oversee maintenance of Front End equipment: cash registers, scanner, scales, and credit card/ATM machines.
- Maximize time spent on sales floor (spend a minimum of 75% of scheduled hours on the sales floor).
- Promote and maintain a positive, clean and safe atmosphere for shopping and working.
- Communicate all Marketing events/functions to Front End staff in a timely manner.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Front End and the store.
- Hold regular Department meetings (minimum of 1/ Qtr) and attend all scheduled all-store meetings.
- Know store layout/product location to walk the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Adhere to and enforce all Front End and Store policies as outlined by the Store Manager, Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Assist in maintaining security of the store, including enter/exit policy and checking of employee bags and backpacks if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability in managing Front End operations (Register equipment, accounting and reporting, customer service, personnel management).
- Must have intermediate math skills, and be computer literate with experience in Windows, Outlook Express, Word and Excel.
- Strong skills in communication, listening, organization, time management and the ability to provide and coach legendary customer service.
- Leadership and team-building skills with the ability to coach, motivate, supervise, delegate, and constructively address performance issues.
- Willing to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel and/or transfer to other store locations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to sustain a moderate amount of bending and twisting motion.
- Ability to push 6 shopping carts.
Ability to work under a variety of conditions, including warm and cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.