(Revised November 2018)
Department: Front End
Reports To: Front End Manager
Pay Range: I
General Purpose: To provide excellent customer service to all Jimbo’s customers and assist Front End staff members.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Properly bag customer’s groceries.
- Assist customers to their vehicles when necessary.
- Perform price checks for cashiers and/or customers.
- Return all Go Backs promptly.
- Assist ‘special needs’ customers.
- Maintain adequate supply of bags and Front End Supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the store (including bulk aisle, customer restrooms, café and outside tables, and parking lot) by sweeping, mopping, dusting, facing, and emptying the trash.
- Regularly retrieve shopping carts, ensuring that cart corrals do not overflow in the parking lot and that there is always an adequate supply of carts at the store entrance.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Adhere to all Front End and store policies as outlined by Front End Manager, Staff Member Handbook and Injury Illness and Prevention Plan.
- Capable of working independently and as a team, with little or no supervision.
- Friendly, outgoing personality capable of interacting with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to read product labels and UPC codes.
- Ability to accept direction from various people.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to sustain a moderate amount of bending and twisting motion.
- Ability to push 6 shopping carts.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions, including warm and cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.