Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Pay Range: $19.25 – $23.50 per hour
General Purpose: To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality food prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store, and to support the Deli Counter staff in serving our customers in accordance with the Customer Service Standards. Assist Kitchen Manager with special assignments.
- Follow the Deli recipes to produce consistent, high quality food items.
- Work efficiently to achieve the production requirements of the kitchen, while maintaining safe work practices.
- Monitor product inventory and assist Kitchen Manager with placing orders when necessary.
- Participate in menu planning.
- Assist Kitchen Manager/Shift Leader in coordinating the daily menu and production list as well as with creative merchandising, presentation, and portion control.
- Keep Kitchen Manager informed of any adjustments that need to be made to existing recipes. Participate in menu planning.
- Maintain quality food handling standards by practicing proper food preparation, including proper handling of food to avoid cross contamination, proper cooling of hot foods, proper rotation, and ensuring all food items stored in walk-in are properly covered, labeled and dated.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and well stocked work area that complies with the Health Department regulations.
- Preserve an open level of communication and cooperation with all Deli Counter staff, and provide Counter assistance when necessary.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Use of knives and all Kitchen equipment properly.
- Adhere to all Deli Department and store policies as outlined by the Deli Managers and Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with the Dress Code policy.
- Know and adhere to the Health Department regulations.
- Ability to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Understands the importance of the handling of allergen containing products.
- Previous food service experience.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to self-supervise
- Intermediate to advanced cutlery skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes, including scaling recipes up or down.
- Ability to perform basic math for recipe measurements.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.