Reports to: Specialty Manager
Pay Range: IV
General Purpose: To provide an atmosphere that promotes excellent customer service through outstanding leadership and strong teambuilding skills, and by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in handling all inquiries, orders, special orders and returns.
· Perform all Specialty Clerk duties as well as additional supervisory duties listed below.
· Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards and ensure that the Specialty Staff are doing the same.
· Represent Jimbo’s and store management assume ownership of Specialty operations and represent Jimbo’s in the absence of Specialty management.
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment according to Health Department regulations.
· Assist with key human resource functions by enforcing all store/department policies, minimizing overtime, training new employees, monitoring staff breaks, and completing documentation in a timely manner (i.e. one on one meetings, feedback for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations).
· Supervise duties of specialty staff, including minimizing overtime, monitoring staff breaks and keeping staff productive during slow periods.
· Assist Specialty Manager in department development and succession training.
· Assist Specialty Manager with inventory and ordering, and in the proper recording of in-store purchases.
· Monitor credits, spoilage and shrink through effective organization, rotation and follow through.
· Ensure all products meet quality standards through proper labeling, rotation, cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene, and by only selling fresh product.
· Execute the purchasing of all cheese for the Specialty Department and support the Specialty Manager with the purchasing of all beer and wine.
· Oversee special orders to ensure they are taken care of appropriately and in a timely manner.
· Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
· Oversee and support the Specialty Department when the Specialty Manager is not available.
· Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
· Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with Dress Code policy.
· Use knives, slicer and all other equipment properly.
· Adhere to and enforce all Specialty and store policies as outlined by the Specialty Management, Staff Member Handbook, and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
· Must have product knowledge for both import and domestic cheeses.
· Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
· Leadership and team-building skills with the ability to coach, motivate, supervise, delegate, and constructively address performance issues.
· Capable of handling several tasks at once, and able to tolerate significant levels of stress.
· Friendly and outgoing personality.
· Ability to understand, follow, and enforce Department of Health regulations, and obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
· Ability to travel and/or transfer to other store locations.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
· Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
· Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
· Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
· Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
*This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.