Department: Front End
Reports To: Front End Manager
Pay Range: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
General Purpose: To provide excellent service to all Jimbo’s customers while being accurate and efficient in all Front End operations.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Ring up and bag customers’ groceries efficiently.
- Operate cash register, credit card/ATM machines, scales, etc.
- Maintain an accurate till in accordance with Front End Over/Short Policy.
- Accurately and efficiently verify till balance at beginning of shift and balance till at the end of each shift.
- Maintain friendly relations with customers and assist with special requests or needs.
- Assist Customer Service Clerks with their duties when necessary.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area.
- Stock Front End with supplies.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the Department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Front End Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Adhere to all Front End and Store policies as outlined by Front End Manager, Staff Member Handbook and the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Must be minimum18 years of age.
- Friendly, outgoing personality capable of interacting with a variety of personalities.
- Previous cashiering experience and knowledge of natural foods products preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read product labels and UPC codes.
- Ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to stay productive during down time and organize, prioritize and accomplish tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand in one place for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to sustain a moderate amount of bending and twisting motion.
- Ability to push 6 shopping carts.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions, including warm and cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.