Steak Sweet Potato Nachos
2 flank steaks
2 organic sweet potatoes, sliced
1 organic tomato, diced
2 organic sweet bell peppers, sliced
1 organic green onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp organic taco seasoning
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp organic paprika
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground organic black pepper, to taste
1 organic lime, wedged
Fresh organic salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the sweet potatoes and olive oil; sprinkle with paprika and season to taste.
- Lay the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once.
- Season the steaks with taco seasoning.
- Melt some cooking fat ( about 1 tbsp.) in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and cook until desired, about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium.
- Cut the steaks into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Layer the steak, diced tomato, bell pepper, and green onion, on top of the cooked sweet potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake another 5 to 8 minutes, serve with fresh salsa and a lime wedges.