Butternut Squash, Lentils and Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
2 packages cubed organic butternut squash, from the produce department
3 tbsp organic olive oil, divided
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground organic black pepper, to taste
1 bunch organic kale, tough stems removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
1/3 cup organic tahini
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp organic fresh lemon juice
1 cup organic lentils, cooked
1 cup organic pita chips
- Preheat the oven to 425˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to the baking sheet and roast about 30 minutes, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- While the squash is baking, place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, message kale leaves until it softens and wilts, about 3-6 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together tahini, water, lemon juice, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide kale, butternut squash, lentils, and pita chips into serving plates and drizzle with the tahini dressing.