Buckwheat Crepes with Honeyed Ricotta ad Sautéed Plums
1/2 cup organic buckwheat flour
1/2 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp organic Kosher salt
1 cup organic milk
3/4 cup organic buttermilk
2 tbsp butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
2 large organic eggs
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
1/2 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
1 tbsp organic honey
1 pound organic plums, each sliced into 6 wedges
Honey, for serving
15 oz. organic part skim ricotta cheese
2 tbsp organic honey
1/4 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp organic grated lemon zest
- To make the crepes: Whisk the flours, salt, milk, buttermilk, butter, and eggs together in a large bowl until very smooth. Let the batter sit for at least 1 hour at room temperature and up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Rub 1/2 tbsp butter onto the bottom of a 9- or 10-inch nonstick crepe pan or sauce pan over medium heat, and wait until it melts completely. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot pan and tilt it in a circular motion to ensure the batter spreads out into an even layer. Cook over low heat until the edges start to pull away from the pan, about 2 minutes. Using a nonstick spatula, carefully flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Lay the crepe on a large plate and repeat until you’ve gone through all of the batter. If the crepe pan starts to get too dry, add another little dab of butter. Keep the finished, unfilled crepes warm in a 200°F oven until ready to assemble.
- To sauce the plums: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the vanilla and honey, swirl the pan so they combine with the coconut oil, and then add the plums. Sauté until juicy and warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Honeyed Ricotta: In a small bowl, use a whisk to whip all the ingredients together until light and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- To assemble: For each crepe, gently fold crepe in fourths (fold in half, then in half again) and dollop 1 to 2 tbsp of the honeyed ricotta and a few sautéed plums on top. Finish with a generous drizzle of honey.