(Revised March 2006)
Reports To: Vitamin Manager
Pay Range: III
General Purpose: To provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction in handling all inquiries, orders, special orders, and returns; carry out any special assignments given by the Vitamin Manager. To assist in creating an abundant, well-stocked vitamin department that is clean, organized and appealing.
- Maintain Vitamin department through ordering, receiving, pricing, facing, stocking, and creative merchandising.
- Properly record, file, and send back all customer returns and error/damaged products, and then follow through with vendor credits.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Assist customers with special requests or needs, including returns and special orders, and properly record such items.
- Pulling and creatively merchandising back stock inventory according to Vitamin Manager’s weekly back stock inventory schedule.
- Maintain signage and order shelf tags as needed.
- Clean and organize the Vitamin Information Booth, backroom, shelves, displays, and sales floor.
- Gain education in product knowledge, promotions, and issues to the Natural Foods Industry emphasizing vitamins/supplements and health and beauty aids.
- Communicate any suggestions, concerns, questions, and customer feedback to the Vitamin Manager in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all store policies as outlined by the Vitamin Manager, Employee Handbook, Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and FDA liability standards.
- Provide feedback to Vitamin Manager for performance evaluations.
- Train new staff members.
- Attend and assist with quarterly inventories.
- Use box cutter, baler and all other equipment properly.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Assess department’s needs and take initiative to perform needed tasks.
- Follow department specific procedures for scan gun usage.
- Attend mandatory vendor trainings and workshops.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and all store meetings.
- Advanced knowledge in natural alternative medicine and body care.
- Open, friendly demeanor that relates well to customers.
- Ability to read product labels and UPC codes.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills with good communication and listening skills.
- Previous customer service experience and Natural Foods experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle a variety of people with special needs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to push/pull a loaded Vitamin cart throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to reach above shoulders and horizontally to stock and retrieve inventory.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions, including cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.