(Revised March 2006)
Reports To: Vitamin Manager
Pay Range: II
General Purpose: To provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner that consistently follows the Customer Service Standards, to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by properly handling all inquiries, orders, special orders and returns, and to assist in creating an abundant, well-stocked Vitamin Department that is clean, organized and appealing.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Assist customers with special requests or needs, including returns and special orders, and properly record such items.
- Maintain Vitamin Department through proper pricing, stocking, facing, rotation, cleaning, storage, organization and creative merchandising.
- Pulling and creatively merchandising back stock inventory according to Vitamin Manager’s weekly back stock inventory schedule.
- Maintain signage and order shelf tags as needed.
- Clean and organize the Vitamin Information Booth, backroom, shelves, displays, and sales floor.
- Gain education in product knowledge, promotions, and issues to the Natural Foods Industry emphasizing vitamins/supplements and health and beauty aids.
- Communicate any suggestions, concerns, questions, and customer feedback to the Vitamin Manager in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all store policies as outlined by the Vitamin Manager, Employee Handbook, Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and FDA liability standards.
- Attend vendor trainings and workshops.
- Practice proper use of box cutter, baler and all other equipment.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Attend scheduled department, store meetings and mandatory vendor trainings.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Assist with quarterly inventory.
- Knowledge and interest in natural alternative medicine and body care.
- Previous customer service experience, with an open, friendly demeanor that relates well to customers.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to read product labels and UPC codes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle a variety of people with special needs.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to push/pull a loaded vitamin stock cart throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to reach above shoulders and horizontally to stock and retrieve inventory.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions, including cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.