Front End Shift Leader
(Revised July 2010)
Department: Front End
Reports To: Front End Manager
Pay Range: IV
General Purpose: To provide an atmosphere that promotes excellent service to Jimbo’s customers while being accurate and efficient in Front End operations, and to provide outstanding leadership and strong team-building skills while supervising the Front End staff.
- Perform all Cashier and Courtesy Clerk duties as well as additional supervisory duties listed below.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards and ensure that all Front End staff are doing the same.
- Assume ownership of Front End operations and represent Jimbo’s in the absence of Front End management.
- Assist with key human resource functions by enforcing all store/department policies, minimizing overtime, training new employees, monitoring staff breaks, and completing documentation in a timely manner (i.e. one on one meetings, feedback for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations).
- Assist Front End Manager in department development and succession training.
- Supervise Front End employees, delegate tasks, and constructively address performance issues.
- Maintain an accurate safe and change inventory.
- Verify and reconcile each cashier’s till upon closeout.
- Run daily and weekly reports.
- Follow and enforce company policy when approving checks and selling beer and wine.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Front End Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Adhere to and enforce all Front End Department and store policies as outlined by the Front End Manager, Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Must be minimum 21 years of age.
- Prior successful cashier experience with strong knowledge of Front End operations.
- Leadership and team-building skills with the ability to coach, motivate, supervise, delegate, and constructively address performance issues.
- Capable of handling several tasks at once, and able to tolerate stress.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read product labels and UPC codes.
- Ability to travel and/or transfer to other store locations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to sustain a moderate amount of bending and twisting motion.
- Ability to push a minimum of 6 shopping carts.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions, including warm and cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.