(Revised March 2006)
Reports To: Deli Kitchen Manager
Pay Range: II
General Purpose: To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality food prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store. Also to maintain the Hot Case and Salad Bar, and to support the Counter staff in serving our customers in accordance with the Customer Service Standards.
- Ensure the Hot Case and Salad Bar is adequately stocked and presented in a way that is appealing to customers.
- Set-up Salad Bar by 8:00 am, Soup Station by 10:00 am, and the Hot Case by 11:00 am.
- Change pans out when food product is replenished. Discard product if not up to standards, verifying with Kitchen Manager or Shift Leader prior to discarding.
- Maintain quality food handling standards by practicing proper food preparation, including proper handling of food to avoid cross contamination, proper cooling of hot foods, proper rotation, and ensuring all food items stored in walk-in are properly covered, labeled and dated.
- Check the temperature of the Hot Case and ensure that food is being held at the proper temperature.
- Assist in the preparation of Soups.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and well stocked work area that complies with the Health Department regulations.
- Assess and organize daily menu production according to production list.
- Maintain proper cooking time to allow for food sitting in the Hot Case.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate Department signage that includes product ingredients.
- Preserve an open level of communication and cooperation with all Deli/Kitchen staff, and proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards when required.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Use of knives and all other equipment properly.
- Adhere to all Deli Department and store policies as outlined by the Deli Managers and Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with Dress Code policy.
- Ability to understand and follow Health Department regulations, and needs to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Basic cutlery skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks at once.
- Ability to read and understand recipes, including extending recipes.
- Ability to perform basic math for recipe measurements
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.