(Revised March 2006)
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Pay Range: II
General Purpose: To provide Jimbo’s customers with quality food prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store, and to support the Deli Counter staff in serving our customers in accordance with the Customer Service Standards.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and put away kitchen equipment, pots, pans, and utensils in an organized fashion.
- Maintain 3-compartment sink in compliance with Health Department regulations.
- Assist Chefs with food preparation by following the assigned daily production list.
- Check trashcans/recycle bins periodically, and empty as needed.
- Transfer dirty hand towels into laundry basket.
- Sweep and mop the walk-in and Kitchen floor every shift and follow cleaning checklists.
- Put away any orders and/or product in proper locations.
- Maintain quality food handling standards by practicing proper food preparation, including proper handling of food to avoid cross contamination, proper cooling of hot foods, proper rotation, and ensuring all food items stored in walk-in are properly covered, labeled and dated.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in accordance with Health Department regulations, which includes cleaning the back dock, dish area, and hand sinks.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Attend scheduled Department meetings and all store meetings.
- Use of knives and all other equipment properly.
- Adhere to all Deli Department and store policies as outlined by the Deli Managers and Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with Dress Code policy.
- Ability to understand and follow Health Department regulations, and needs to complete Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to accept direction from various people.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.